Hire Electric Inc. is an Electrical Contractor in The Dalles, Oregon (OR), that is fully licensed, bonded, and insured to perform work in both Oregon and Washington. Hire Electric was established in the late 1930’s and was incorporated in 1974.
We normally have 15-25 electricians at any one time, plus an office support staff.
Additional electricians to man our projects are readily available through IBEW Local 48 in Portland, Oregon, and Local 112 in Kennewick, Washington. Our electricians complete a 5-year training program, and maintain a continuing education program annually. Most of our journeyman electricians have completed their apprenticeships through the NECA-IBEW Training Center, a state-of-the-art facility, located in Portland, Oregon.
Hire Electric performs electrical contracting work within approximately a 100-mile radius of The Dalles, Oregon (OR). Our work is primarily industrial and commercial, with about 15% of our work being residential.
Some of the scope of the projects we have completed include:
- Insitu IHOP Project, Bingen, WA
- 126kW solar array with electric vehicle charging stations for the DOE in Richland, WA
- Upgrades to Bonneville Dam, The Dalles Dam & John Day Dam
- Fruit processing plants, warehouses & related equipment
- Water treatment plants & upgrades
- Hospitals, clinics & nursing homes
- Assisted living & retirement facilities
- Oregon Veterans Home
- U.S. Post Office
- Churches & community centers
- Restaurants (full-service & fast-food)
- Education facilities (colleges & high schools)
- Banking facilities
We believe that our employees and the communities we serve are our most important assets. To that end, we do our best to provide completed projects that all of us can be proud of. As Hire Electric continues to grow, we strive to give back to the community by supporting many of the local projects and fundraisers our area has to offer.