The City of Ellensburg has a Renewable Energy Park on some vacant land next to I-90. They’ve installed about 75kW worth of solar and are in the process of installing 8 wind turbines. 5 are in place at this time. The wind project is part of a research grant in conjunction with Pacific Northwest National Lab, the Department of Energy and the City of Ellensburg. The research focus is on various small wind technologies for residential and farm applications. Hire Electric installed the largest machine so far – a 10kW Bergey XL-S. The other machines are a Windspire, Honeywell, EnergyBall and the Skystream installed by Burke Electric of Seattle, WA. Real time data monitoring is supposed to be available for all of the machines some time this spring or early summer.
- Green Home and Garden Tour and Fair
- Solarize Mid Columbia June Meetings
- What’s Solarize Mid-Columbia?
2700 West Second Street,
The Dalles, OR 97058
Phone: (541) 296-5574
Fax: (541) 296-2222
- Wayne Sjolander on Washington Solar with Battery Back-up
- December 13 Solar Seminar in Kennewick, WA | Hire Electric on RSVP
- Solar & Wind Tour November 2012 – Pendleton, OR | Hire Electric on RSVP
- Solar & Wind Tour November 2012 – Moro, OR | Hire Electric on RSVP
- December 13 Solar Seminar in Kennewick, WA | Hire Electric on Solar Grant From Sustainable Living Center