Week of Sept 17 to the 21st, 2012.
Hire Electric is sponsoring an hour of the Morning Show at KC93.5 FM this week. I’ll be in talking to Randy Haines a couple times and he’ll be talking about the benefits of going solar with Hire Electric’s Solar Division throughout the week. Here are the major points we’ll be talking about this week:
- Mindy and Dan McHale, Hire Electric’s owners sent a check to Randy for $27 x 19 employees = $513 for the Civic Auditorium’s Civic27 Campaign and they are challenging other business owners in The Gorge to give $27 per employee in support of The Civic! We’ll mention your business on our blog and during the radio show next time we’re on (even if you’re Hage Electric). Let’s support our community and do something Civic! Business owners can drop their checks off at the radio station at 719 E. 2nd, The Dalles or 1190 22nd Street, Hood River.
- Solar has never been more affordable. Solar equipment pricing has come down by 50% in the past year, making solar an economically sound way to power your home or businesses.
- Hire Electric uses solar panels manufactured in Oregon and Washington. We are authorized installers for SolarWorld panels made in Hillsboro, Oregon and iTek Energy panels made in Bellingham, WA
- Using Washington manufactured equipment helps residence in WA get a huge production incentive of $.54/kwh with paybacks of 4 to 5 years on a system that will keep cranking out free sun power for 30 to 50 years.
- There’s a 30% federal tax credit on solar – that’s 30% of the entire system cost off the top of your federal taxes. This incentive is good through 2016. Your system has to be up and running by year end to take the credit for this years taxes. We always install lots of solar in December!
- There’s no sales tax for solar in Washington until June 2013.
- We recently had a customer in Goldendale that was getting .3% return on their money-market fund. They decided to put the money on their roof and make their own electricity and they will see a 4% anual return over the first 10 years of the solar array. They decided that this investment in their own energy security was better than “money in the bank”.
- Sherman County just announced a zero interest loan program for solar that help Sherman County residents cover the up front cost of going solar.
- We are an Energy Trust of Oregon Trade Ally for solar and small wind.
- A home we recently added solar to in Goldendale produced a $13 credit on their electric bill for the very hot month of August. They would have owed $102 to the electric company if they didn’t have solar and now they have a $13 credit. Solar makes people happy.
- You can find out more at one of the great solar events that are coming up in The Gorge. http://hireelectric.com/category/events/. This Thursday the 20th of September, Glenwood School will dedicate their new solar array; Saturday the 29th of September there’s a Homesteading fair in Lyle, WA; and Friday and Saturday the 5th & 6th of October there’s a Gorge Green Home tour out of Hood River!