As before, SB 1547 means:
Study released assessing the economic impact of the solar energy incentive program introduced in the original version of House Bill 2346
SIW 1/28/2016: This study, prepared by the Center for Economic and Business Research for Western Washington University, assesses the economic impact for the State of Washington of the solar energy incentive program according to the rates introduced in the original House Bill 2346. Asubstitute version of 2346 with revised rates passed the House Technology and Economic Development Committee and has been sent to the House Appropriations Committee for consideration.
This survey was undertaken to define the relationship between each kilowatt of solar installed in the state over the past three years and labor and economic activity involved in manufacturing and installing it. These metrics were combined with the incentive rates and program details of the proposed incentive program to determine the economic impact of each incentive dollar spent.
- According to the rates outlined in the original version of HB 2346 (not the latest substitute bill) every dollar invested by the state generates approximately $7 in payroll and $16 in local economic activity.
- The majority of the incentive is actually returned directly to the state in taxes.
GO! Solar is a solarize initiative that facilitates the installation of residential solar systems in Hood River, Wasco, and Klickitat counties. Partnering with local contractors and suppliers, securing local lending options, and working with utilities, local government and nonprofit partners, GO! Solar equips Gorge homes with PV systems at a remarkably low cost.
GO! Solar Delivers:
- Locally-Tailored Information: GO! Solar aims to provide the most relevant information for both Oregon and Washington residents in all counties served.
- Partnering Contractors Committed to the Mission: GO! Solar’s vetted contractors are passionate about solar and their community.
- Seamless and Worry-Free: It’s easy to get lost in the technicalities around going solar. GO! Solar contractors walk you through the steps of going solar, explain the tax incentives, and handle all permitting.
- Easy on Your Pocketbook and the Environment: Solar is an investment that makes good economic sense. Installing solar reduces your monthly utility bill, increases the value of your home, and reduces your dependence on less-ideal sources of energy.
Sign up for GO! Solar before March 31, 2016. Learn more about the program at one of our Launch Events:
Find out more here: GO! Gorge Owned website.